THE FLAT PEACH BELLINI
This traditional take on the classic Bellini makes the most of the short flat-peach season. The succulent fruit is fragrant, like spring itself, making the drink light, effervescent and sweet.
50ml flat peach purée
1. Pour the purée into a cocktail tin, then add the prosecco.
2. Stir very gently so as not to burst the bubbles in the prosecco. Strain into a champagne flute or tumbler.
THE BLOODY MARY
“In our opinion, the ultimate Bloody Mary is smooth, clean on the tongue and full of flavour. From the hot pepper sauce to the horseradish vodka, we aim to extract the best from each ingredient, guaranteeing the best Bloody Mary possible. Worcestershire sauce adds a touch of umami and enforces the savoury flavour, while the higher notes of the horseradish and pepper lift the drink.”
50ml horseradish vodka
15ml lemon juice
15ml Worcester sauce
1 pinch celery salt
1 drop pepper tincture
1 dash hot pepper sauce
100ml tomato mix
1 slice lemon
1. Build the ingredients over cubed ice in a highball glass. Begin with the horseradish vodka, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; finish with the salt, pepper tincture, hot pepper sauce and tomato mix.
2. Stir and add a lemon slice to garnish.
THE DEATH IN VENICE
“An aperitivo hour (or afternoon) can be spent blissfully sipping negronis, sbagliatos or spritzes. Inspired by the love of Campari and Venice, we created The Death In Venice as the ultimate aperitif. A light and refreshing drink, with notes of bitter orange and zesty grapefruit bitters constructing a unique, dry drink.”
3 dashes grapefruit bitters
1 twist orange
1. Pour the Campari into a champagne flute.
2. Add three dashes of homemade grapefruit bitters and top with the prosecco.
3. Stir gently. Finish with a small twist of orange.
THE GIN MARTINI
“We dirty-martini drinkers are a discerning bunch. All too often presented with oily, salty brine that drowns the flavour of the botanical gin, we made our own olive essence to make sure that never happened. With an almost creamy flavour, it complements the savoury characteristics of London dry gin, making our dirty martini just as we like it.”
50ml London dry gin
10ml olive water
2 green olives
1. Combine the gin and vermouth in a cocktail tin and stir over cubed ice.
2. Strain and pour into a small, chilled coupette. Garnish with a green Sicilian olive.